Each year, we celebrate Earth Day, to demonstrate environment protection and care for our planet.
What are some ways you can celebrate Earth Day with your child? Try one of these!
- Talk about repurposing, reducing, reusing, and recycling items in your home.
- Read a book about planet-friendly actions
- Plant a tree or pollinator friendly plants
- Clean up trash from your neighborhood or local park
- Feed the birds
- Learn about and start a compost bin
- Give up your car for the day and walk or bicycle to your next destination
- Make Earth art from items found in your yard, like pinecones, seed heads, leaves or sticks
- Have picnic
- Visit a local county or state park for a hike
Check out these resources for information and ideas for celebrating and learning about Earth Day.