7 Steps to Register Your Child for Kindergarten
- Contact your school district. Ask about registration procedures and dates.
- Gather necessary paperwork. Check with your school to find which documents they need.
- Complete registration forms. Return them as soon as possible to the school or administrative office.
- Mark your calendar. Look for deadlines and events, like kindergarten registration deadlines or back to school nights.
- Talk with your child’s preschool teacher. Find out how you can support your child’s transition from pre-K to Kindergarten.
- Give your child opportunities to make choices. Provide chances for your child to follow directions, listen, and follow rules.
- Build excitement. Talk to your child and read books about school and this new adventure.