Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services (DHS) is changing which Physical Health Managed Care Organizations (PH plans) are available for Medical Assistance (MA) consumers. This was a competitive process that allowed DHS to improve access to care and the quality of care for MA consumers. The PH plan changes are effective September 1, 2022. MA Consumers will need to select a new PH plan if they are currently enrolled in:
- Aetna Better Health statewide
- Highmark Wholecare (formerly Gateway Health Plan) in the Northwest zone, and
- United Healthcare in the Southwest and Lehigh/Capital zones.
If a consumer who needs to choose a new PH plan does not do so by August 16, DHS will auto-assign them to a to PH plan. It is vital for consumers to actively choose a PH plan to avoid being autoassigned to a PH plan that may not include their current providers in its network. MA consumers will not lose health coverage if they do not select a PH plan. Coverage will automatically continue under the PH plan they are autoassigned. MA consumers must contact PA Enrollment Service to choose a new PH plan or change from one PH plan to another.
- Going to PA Enrollment Services (enrollnow.net), or
- Using the mobile app called PA Enrollment Services (available through the Apple store or Google Play), or
- Calling 1-800-440-3989 (TTY: 1-800-618-4225) and select Option 6 to speak with a representative. Hours of operation are Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
More information is available at dhs.pa.gov/PlanSelection.