Help your child grow!
As a parent, grandparent, or guardian, you are your child’s first and most important teacher. Your love and hugs help your child feel safe and secure. Your meals help them build healthy bodies and healthy minds. Every moment you spend with your child, and when they are not with you, is a learning experience.
When your child is young, the choices you make today can affect their learning for life!
There is so much you can do to help your child grow.
- Download our infographic for tips.
- Check out the Early Learning GPS. Create a free family account and map for your child. The questions in the GPS quiz help you understand your child’s development and ways you can help your child learn and grow. The “Milestones” tab helps you follow your child’s milestones, and “Activities” tab gives you a ton of fun activity ideas for your infant, toddler or preschooler to work on all of their skills.
- Talking, reading and playing with your child from birth builds the language, math and social skills they need to be ready for kindergarten.
- Building a strong, healthy bond with your child – you are your child’s first and most important teacher!
- Choosing quality early learning programs like Keystone STARS, PA Pre-K Counts, Head Start, Nurse-Family Partnership, and Parent-Child Home Program provide your child with good teachers and learning activities that spark creativity and a love for learning so they can grow and develop.
Check out the pages listed to the left for more information on your child’s development and ways you can help your child grow.