Early Education in Indiana County
Risk and reach in your county:
- Children are at High risk of school failure in this county
- 38% of children (birth-age 5) participate in publicly-funded quality early education
- Download and print Indiana County’s ECE profile page (pdf)
Source: PA Office of Child Development and Early Learning – Click here
What’s happening in Indiana County
Events in Indiana County:
Register now for the event Families Coming Together: Promoting Inclusion for All Infants, Toddlers and Preschoolers
Please submit your local events!
Local resources and LEARN partners:
Child care/early learning programs:
- Search for child care/early learning programs, including Keystone STARS, PA Pre-K Counts, Head Start, licensed nursery schools, and Early Intervention in your community. You can also view or submit complaints about a child care program. https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/ProviderSearch/pgm/PSWEL.aspx
Family support resources:
- Autism Support Groups in PA, listed alphabetically by county
- Include Me is a collection of three programs all about inclusive education for students with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Financial assistance and human services:
- Find a food pantry near you with Ending Hunger in PA.
- PA 2-1-1 is a statewide collaborative for health and human service information for Pennsylvanians. This easy to remember 2-1-1 phone number will link PA residents with human services throughout Pennsylvania.
- PAsummermeals.com: A searchable map for the locations of federally-funded free summer meals in Pennsylvania. NOTE: This site takes some time to load.
- Find out if you qualify for and apply for benefits like Medicaid, SNAP (Food Stamps) Children’s health Insurance (CHIP), and Child Care Works (CCIS) assistance for child care expenses – link to main COMPASS site
- Women, Infants, Children (WIC) – WIC provides healthy supplemental foods and nutrition services for pregnant women, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants and children under age five. Find your nearest WIC office.
- PA County Resource Guide by the Juvenile Law Center – includes links for a variety of services including housing, health, recreation, and emergency numbers.
- The CCIS office for Indiana County is CCIS of Armstrong/Indiana
- FamilyWize can help you save up to 75% on prescription medication by printing a FREE prescription card and showing it to your pharmacist.
- List of Pennsylvania Family Centers (PDF) – provide a number of family and community services such as family support and information groups, child health and development screenings, In-home child development sessions, and toy- and book-lending libraries.
- ARIN IU 28 (Indiana): 724.463.5300
- Distance Learning Project Lewistown: 717.248.4942, x107
- MyGED: Create an account, get GED® study materials and take a practice test. Access information on the test, step-by-step guidance, and tips for after you graduate.
- Literacy Directory: A clearinghouse of adult basic education programs in the country.
- PA Adult Education Resources: Adult Education Programs funded by Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Libraries for families:
Local school districts:
- Find your school district search. Enter your address and click “find my municipality” and your school district will also appear.
- Listing of school districts, intermediate units, and higher education institutions in PA. Click on your county for links.
Stories from your neighbors:
Stories in Indiana County:
Share your story!:
Learn how you can tell your story – Click here