Lehigh Valley Children’s Centers (LVCC) is proud to celebrate Week of the Young Child™ by collaborating with a number of community partners from April 7-11, 2014 to bring health, nutrition and public safety programs into LVCC’s early learning centers. Nearly 600 Lehigh Valley children, ages three to 12, attending LVCC will participate in hands-on fitness and bike safety activities throughout the week.
Capital Blue Cross and The OrganWise Guys will come to 11 LVCC locations (in Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Nazareth, Emmaus and Alburtis) from April 7-10, empowering children to be healthy and smart from the inside out. The interactive nutrition and physical activity lessons teach young children healthy living habits. More information about The OrganWise Guys can be found at http://organwiseguys.com/.
Valley Preferred Cycling Center will offer a bicycle safety course at two Allentown centers on April 7 and 8, designed to help children understand the importance of bike safety and wearing a helmet in a fun, interactive way.
Aetna Better Health® of Pennsylvania will bring its Fast Food Relay and Match Dash programs to four centers in Allentown and Easton from April 7-9, promoting health through physical activity and educational trivia.
AmeriHealth Caritas will administer the health education program, Healthy You, Healthy Me, at three LVCC locations in Allentown and Bethlehem on April 7, 9 and 11. The program encourages children to increase physical activity, improve nutrition through smart snacking, increase consumption of fruits and vegetables, increase healthy lifestyle awareness, and reduce Body Mass Index.
To further recognize the importance of early childhood education, the following local legislators and Lehigh Valley Children’s Centers Board Members will visit the programs:
- State Representative Daniel McNeill – LVCC at St. Luke’s on April 10
- State Representative Justin Simmons – LVCC at South Mountain on April 10
- State Representative Ryan Mackenzie – LVCC at Alburtis School on April 10
- State Senator Pat Browne – LVCC’s Judith Chase Early Learning Center on April 11
- State Representative Marcia Hahn – LVCC at Monocacy Manor on April 11
LVCC Board Members
- Suzanne Stianche, Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. – LVCC on Walnut Street on April 8
- Susan Schupp, PNC Wealth Management Group – LVCC at Monocacy Manor on April 8
- Richard Lemak, MINTEQ International, Inc. – LVCC at Stones Crossing on April 9
- Debbie Matz, Nazareth Area School District – LVCC at Nazareth Area Intermediate School on April 9
- Marc S. Fisher, Esq., Worth, Magee & Fisher P.C. – LVCC at Muhlenberg School on April 9
- Susan P. Williams, Aetna Inc. – LVCC at Lincoln School on April 10
About Lehigh Valley Children’s Centers
A not-for-profit organization serving the Lehigh Valley for over 40 years, Lehigh Valley Children’s Centers (LVCC) provides high-quality early education and child care to promote healthy child development, meet the needs of families and encourage children to discover the joy of learning. Nearly 1,000 children attend 21 LVCC locations in Lehigh and Northampton counties. For more information, visit www.LVCConline.org.
For more information, contact Shawn Deiter at 610-820-5333, ext. 205 or email@example.com.