Get involved… Become a Children’s Champion
“We live in a world in which we need to share responsibility. It’s easy to say ‘It’s not my child, not my community, not my world, not my problem.’ Then there are those who see the need and respond. I consider those people my heroes.”
— Fred Rogers
When you know how important quality early learning is to a child’s – and our commonwealth’s – future, you need to act. Whether you are choosing a quality early learning program for your child, counseling a friend on making good early learning choices, encouraging your company to help their employees find and afford quality early learning, or meeting with your elected officials, you are a champion for children. You can spend as little as 5 minutes a month and have an impact!
Special ideas for:
Everyone can do something that helps our young children reach their promise through quality early education. Here are a few ways you can be a children’s champion – let us know what you’re doing!
- Learn the facts – having some key facts about why quality early education is important gives you the tools to talk to anyone about it.
- Become a LEARN partner – Local Education and Resource Network (LEARN) partners help enage families, support smooth transitions to kindergarten, and educate community leaders about quality early education.
- Talk to families about quality early learning – There are dozens of ways in your personal and work life that you can help educate families about quality early learning. When you educate a parent, they will educate other parents, and so on, and so on….
- Build the case – learn the steps to effectively building the case for quality early education to community leaders.
- Ask your employer to share some of our PA’s Promise materials with their employees and customers.
- Share your voice – share individual stories of how quality child care/early learning has made a difference. You can tell your story to families, teachers, school leaders, legislators and other elected officials, and the media.
- Sign up for PA Early Education eNews – this newsletter will keep you up to date on new research on early education and what’s happening in Pennsylvania.
Every word, every letter, every action on behalf of quality early learning makes a difference!