|The Forks YMCA Education Center, 1350 Sullivan Trail, Easton, is holding a free community event to inspire more kids to keep their minds and bodies active.
This year marks the 26th annual YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day®, the Y’s national initiative to improve health and well-being for kids and families.
The morning event features activities such as a sampling of youth sports presented by Amazing Athletes of the Lehigh Valley; a bike derby and bike and helmet check; Easton Hospital’s Teddy Bear Clinic; Pennsylvania State Police car seat checks; Jumping Jitney gymnastics bus; Bear Creek Mountain Resort; Easton Cops ‘n’ Kids Reading Room; PNC Bank financial literacy table and a Crayola activity table. Strolling characters include Tip the Crayola Crayon and Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- Why the first five years matter
- Help your child grow
- Choose a quality program
- How PA child care / daycare/ early learning programs are regulated
- Search for a daycare/ child care/ early learning program
- Tips for choosing quality child care / early learning
- Keystone STARS
- PA Pre-K Counts
- Head Start
- Home Visiting Programs
- Early Intervention
- What’s happening in my County
- Additional resources
- Making ends meet
- Become a Children’s Champion