Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children Month Press Room
Questions that we hear most often from families with young children are:
- How do I find safe, quality child care/ early learning programs?
- How can I help my child get ready for kindergarten?
Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children has resources to help media outlets answer these questions for their readers through public service announcements and infographics as well as connecting media outlets with local early childhood education programs and families.
- Weekly infographics with tips for families and communities to help young children grow
- Sample articles
- Story ideas for articles/ segments
- Public Service Announcements
- Local activities in your area
Did you know that what children learn before kindergarten affects their success in school and in life? The first five years are absolutely essential to brain development and shaping literacy, their mathematical skills, and their social skills – we cannot recreate this opportunity later in life. When it comes to early learning, there are no “do-overs.”
Infographics to post on facebook pages or website
Each Tuesday, Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children will release a new infographic which you can share on your website.
Help families learn more about early education by including one of the following articles on your website or in your publication.
- Tips for families on child development and choosing a quality child care/early learning program Short | Long
- Encourage families/communities to celebrate PA’s Promise month
PA’s Promise Month is a great time to run a human interest segment on the importance of quality early learning and tips for families to help young children learn and choose the right early learning program.
Here are some possible topics:
- Fall offers a lot of fun family activities that help young children learn (choose an activity and have the expert identify how that activity is building the child’s language, math and/or social skills)
- What to look for when choosing a child care/early learning program
- Hundreds of local children entered kindergarten this fall, but are they prepared? How are we preparing our young children for school?
- Tips for making everyday activities a learning experience for young children
For more information and contacts for interviews, contact Kelly Swanson at 717-213-2074 or email@example.com.
PA’s Promise Month Public Service Announcements
Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children has produced :30 and :60 second public service announcements. The message is simple – what children learn before kindergarten affects their learning for life, and there are simple ways that families and other can help young children learn, such as reading to and playing with young children and choosing quality early learning programs. The audience is directed to the Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children website for more ideas at www.papromiseforchildren.com. They will also be able to find out about local events happening during October.
Media outlets and other organizations are welcome to post the PSAs on their websites during October and throughout the year.
- Download PSA_scripts to create your own public service announcements.
- View the video PSAs below and embed on your website.
- TV stations interested in broadcasting the PSAs can request a Beta SP tape by contacting Kelly Swanson, Communications and Public Policy Director, Pennsylvania Key, at (717) 213-2074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Radio stations interested in broadcasting the PSAs can download mp3 or wav files:
Contact Kelly Swanson if you need help finding families, early childhood programs, or others to participate in a story or news segment.