Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children is a public awareness campaign highlighting the benefits of quality early learning for every young child in Pennsylvania. Organizations throughout the Commonwealth will be using the campaign to raise awareness in their communities.
Fact sheets on quality early learning
- “Why quality early learning matters” flyer (PDF)
- “Help children reach their promise through quality early education” fact sheet (PDF). This one page sheet summarizes the key benefits of quality early education to children, families and communities and ways in which Pennsylvania’s early childhood initiatives are helping them reach their promise
- “Quality early learning opportunities for your child” brochure (PDF). Provides information on OCDEL programs available free or at low cost to families in Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children around the State and Nation
Check back regularly for new stories on how Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children is being fulfilled around the Commonwealth.
- Pennsylvania Creates Interactive Tool to Help Parents Support Babies’ Growth and Learning, Baby Monitor (Zero to Three Policy and Advocacy News), 4/1/13
- Set the right course for your child’s success in kindergarten and beyond with the Early Learning GPS (Guiding Parents Smoothly) Pittsburgh Parent, April 2013
- Letter from the Early Childhood Education Caucus to members of the PA General Assembly, announcing October as Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children Month, 9/12/12
- East Greenville family featured at Keystone STARS celebration, Pottstown Mercury, 5/10/12
- Governor joins 200 children and families to celebrate 2012 Shining Stars in honor of the Keystone STARS 10th anniversary, press release, 5/8/12
- Commissioners proclaim Oct. as Promise for Children Month, Clearfield Progress, 10/6/11
- House candidates talk about early childhood education, The Daily Item, 9/7/10
For more information, contact
Mary Hall, Communication and Outreach Specialist
Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children
200 N. Third Street, 3rd Fl
Harrisburg, PA 17101
- Secretaries Dallas and Rivera Discuss Importance of Early Education with Community Innovation Zone Grantee - On September 9, 2015, Department of Human Services Secretary Ted Dallas and Department of Education […]
- Pennsylvania Kiwanis Club Raises Awareness of High Quality Early Education - Former Pennsylvania Governor Mark Schweiker advocated for increased funding for quality early childhood education as […]
- Washington County Partners Celebrate PA’s Promise for Children Month - The Washington County LEARN group celebrated October’s PA Promise for Children Month by collecting and […]
- Senator Browne joins Allentown family at Capitol to speak out for early education - In celebration of Pennsylvania’s Promise for Children Month, Senator Pat Browne (R-Lehigh) joined a family […]