It’s time to celebrate spring! Select one of our favorite wet, muddy, happy books about spring to read with your child.
Which one is your favorite? Print this list and take it to your local library to select your favorite, or to find a new favorite!
And Then it’s Spring by Julie Fogliano
Flower Garden by Eve Bunting
Finding Spring by Carin Berger
Grandma Lena’s Big Ol’ Turnip by Denia Hester
In the Small, Small Pond by Denise Fleming
Kite Day by Will Hillenbrand
Mud by Mary Lyn Ray
Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! by Candace Fleming
Raindrops Fall All Around by Charles Ghigna
Split! Splat! by Amy Gibson
The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins
Who Likes Rain? by Wong Herbert Yee
Is it cold? Snowy? Windy? It must be winter! Grab a book to share with your child. Here are a few favorites!
A Hat for Minerva Louise by Janet Morgan Stoeke
Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson & Jane Chapman
Bedtime for Bear by Brett Helquist
No Two Alike by Keith Baker
Penguin and Pinecone: A Friendship Story by Salina Yoon
Pip & Squeak by Ian Schoenherr
Red Sled by Lita Judge
Snow by Uri Shulevitz
Snowballs by Lois Ehlert
The Snow Day by Komako Sakai
Click here to print the list!
United Way of Erie County, in collaboration with the Salvation Army and the American Tinning & Galvanizing (ATG) Family Endowment commemorated the continued success of the Imagination Library in Erie County by (more…)
Preschoolers in Ruth Burnett’s PA Pre-K Counts classroom at Tiny Tot Child Development Center, Beaver County, experienced cooking from scratch first hand as part of (more…)
Winter is an ideal time to sit down with your child and read a favorite book! PA’s Promise for Children has the perfect book to get you started.
Every day throughout January 2016, PA’s Promise for Children selected one winner at random to win a copy of Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep! by Maureen Wright, illustrated by Will Hillenbrand.
It’s time for Big Bear to hibernate, so Old Man Winter keeps telling him: “Sleep, Big Bear, sleep.” But Big Bear doesn’t hear very well. He thinks Old Man Winter has told him to drive a jeep, to sweep, and to leap. Big Bear just can’t seem to hear what Old Man Winter is saying. Finally, Old Man Winter finds a noisy way to get Big Bear’s attention. Cozy illustrations rendered in pencil and mixed media by Will Hillenbrand bring this bedtime story to a fitting conclusion.
This giveaway is completed, but check below to see if you’re a winner!
- Jan. 1: Michele M. of West Chester, PA
- Jan. 2: Lisa L. of Simi Valley, CA
- Jan. 3: Heather W. of Masontown, PA
- Jan. 4: Kathy T. of Glenside, PA
- Jan. 5: Dolores K. of Philadelphia, PA
- Jan. 6: Lisa D. of Greensburg, PA
- Jan. 7: Angie S. of Glen Rock, PA
- Jan. 8: Tammy S. of Dallas, PA
- Jan. 9: Julie E. of Morgan Hill, CA
- Jan. 10: Julie C. of Havertown, PA
- Jan. 11: Yasmin C. of Reading, PA
- Jan. 12: Lisa S. of Chadds Ford, PA
- Jan. 13: Joan D. of Edinboro, PA
- Jan. 14: Nancy M. of Nanticoke, PA
- Jan. 15: Carol K. of Philadelphia, PA
- Jan. 16: Stacey R. of Springfield, PA
- Jan. 17: Tracy H. of Johnstown, PA
- Jan. 18: Nicole M. of Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Jan. 19: Jennifer M. of Millmont, PA
- Jan. 20: Alicia B. of Yeadon, PA
- Jan. 21: Margie M. of Glenside, PA
- Jan. 22: Mary W. of Huntingdon, PA
- Jan. 23: Anjie T. of Findlay, OH
- Jan. 24: Karen K. of Glenolden, PA
- Jan. 25: Lynda K. of Beech Creek, PA
- Jan. 26: Pamela M. of Vandergrift, PA
- Jan. 27: Natasha J. of Breinigsville, PA
- Jan. 28: Nadia R. of Allentown, PA
- Jan. 29: Ashley T. of Reedsville, PA
- Jan. 30: Joanne H. of Philadelphia, PA
- Jan. 31: Tammy M. of Northern Cambria, PA
Were you a winner? Share your win on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tag us!